BUY JOANI'S BOOK TODAY!
I Get It: Three Magic Words For Parents Of Teens
$15.00 - including shipping
Watch a sample
of the kind of presentations Joani
can bring to your school, business or community group.
JOANI IN THE NEWS
Advice to Parents on Teen Sex
April 19, 2009
Teen tips: Norwell parents get advice on getting through those difficult years
June 4, 2009
Wellesley Parents: Have Teens? Help is on the Way.
Feb 4, 2010
OFFER JOANI'S POPULAR SEMINAR
Psychology - The Parent Version"
In this seminar, Joani reviews the many physical, cognitive, and emotional/social changes that occur in adolescence. Adolescent brains are changing and this drives their behaviors. Teens have all these new ideas, thoughts, curiosity, and feelings happening at once and they don't have the emotional experience to handle the overload. I would like to help my audience understand that there is a context in which troublesome behavior occurs, it's not about bad kids or kids who are mean to their parents. It's about developmental changes that are out of control because teen's brains and bodies, their ability to understand, to conceptualize, to analyze, and to be introspective, are all brand new.
- Identify your teen's "lightening rod, imaginary audience,
and personal fables."
- Learn how to teen-proof your home.
- Learn how to teen-proof your relationship.
- Learn how to set appropriate limits so your teen will want to follow them.
- Develop effective tools for identifying and dealing with your teen's experimentation with sex, drugs, and alcohol.
- Separate high expectations from unrealistic expectations and their respective consequences for your teen's emotional well-being
Remember sitting in front of your new computer with all its new bells and whistles. You are excited about the potential of what you can do it, but overwhelmed with all its options. Welcome to Teen life!" Joani's special brand of "infotainment" using humor, storytelling, and sending home parents with a "goody bag" of helpful techniques make this a must-come evening.
April 9 — 7-9 — North Attleboro High School
April 10 — 7-9 — Brookline High School
April 24 — 7-9 — Adams Middle School,
May 13th — 7-9 — Newton North